FSUU Genshiken Official Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FSUU Genshiken Official Forums

Unleash the Otaku in You... (Go ahead, be hyper... NAAAAO!)

Welcome to the FSUU GenShiKen Official Forum Boards~ don't forget to introduce yourself.. @ the introduce yourself section of the forums ;)

3 posters

Rules on the "New Member Introduction" section

Barjis teh Admin-chan
    Barjis teh Admin-chan
    Admin da Barjis
    Admin da Barjis

Character sheet
    Field Test: 1

Rules on the "New Member Introduction" section Empty Rules on the "New Member Introduction" section

Post by Barjis teh Admin-chan Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:05 am

1. New forum members MUST post here as soon as possible.
    2. You are REQUIRED to display your real first name and age. Disclose correct and accurate information. And don't forget to place a means of contacting you. (Friendster and the like counts, but phone number is WAAAAAY better!)
    3. You are free to describe yourself in any way you wish. Please use this to your advantage so everyone in genshi gets to know you even if you don't often see each other.

(More to come. And for every new rule; editing of post should be done, if necessary; to abide to them)
    jelli-chuu
    jelli-chuu
    Otaku
    Otaku

Location : ahhh... where am I..??? can somebody lend me a map?

Rules on the "New Member Introduction" section Empty Re: Rules on the "New Member Introduction" section

Post by jelli-chuu Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:15 pm

kya xD nosepick
    hahahaha
    Barjis teh Admin-chan
    Barjis teh Admin-chan
    Admin da Barjis
    Admin da Barjis

Character sheet

Rules on the "New Member Introduction" section Empty Re: Rules on the "New Member Introduction" section

Post by Barjis teh Admin-chan Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:51 pm

This is how the admin/mods will treat INTRODUCTIONS in this forum:

1. First, of course I will read the post...
    2. Extract the requirements from the post... (In your case, REAL NAME and REAL AGE.)
    3. Cross-reference the name to the GSK Records, and verify the membership of the said name.
    4. Once a name is confirmed to be a member, he will be free to participate in the forums in anyway. Otherwise, the account WILL CEASE TO EXIST. (This forum is exclusive for GSK members)

In regards to the Cross-referencing of the names...
    Take for example I am a new member, and Zero is the involved admin/mod...

My name is Jarvis...
    But for some reason, I post a false name...
    So I post something like this...

Hi I am Manny Pacquiao... you know!
    25 years of Age
    That's all I hope to get along with you...

This is what Zero will do...

Read my post...
    Then extracts the name and age:

Manny Pacquiao, 25 yrs old...

As OBVIOUSLY FALSE as the information is, Zero will not question me with regards to my name...
    Reason? (In view of the recent incidents) It is tiring to have to force people to do something. It may create chaos and start flame wars within the forum if we do. So, we will not force them. If they do not introduce themselves, or if they give false names, they WILL take the consequence...

The name Manny Pacquiao will be Cross-referenced to the GSK Records...
    And obviously the name will not exist as there is no member going by such name...

Then, Zero will inform an admin that the said person is not a GSK member, and the next thing you will know that account will cease to exist.

Of course the same treatment goes with those who DO NOT introduce themselves a week after notification...
    It used to be that posts of unintroduced members will be locked and their replies to posts will be deleted, but it seems that leniency will not do in the enforcement of these rules...
    There are exceptions, such as Midnight Bliss, since he is VERY BUSY with his Nursing Review and has no time to log-in. Ever since he has had the review he is unable to log-in to the forums and although he has posted before, the date his preparations for the review began was well within the one week period. We will respect the fact that you are a student first before you a forumer.
    But when it is observed that you have ample time to introduce yourself, we will inform you to introduce yourself, and after 1 week without compliance, the account will CEASE TO EXIST.

WHY AM I SO PARTICULAR WITH INTRODUCTIONS?

1. This forum is for GSK Members only. So, I have to know your real name to confirm that you are indeed a GSK member.
    2. This is so that new genshiken members will know you and for new genshi members to be known. If we are to establish that goal of camaraderie, we MUST FIRST know each other. In case you are not frequently seen at the shed, you will still be known via the forums.
    3. This is so that we will regard you properly, so we can establish a good friendship with you.

Example...

Timmy and I are members...
    I am fine with jokes regarding my hair...
    But Timmy is not... (Example ra ha!)
    (Assuming we get to see a picture of the stated people's hair...)

If we don't know that *username* is Timmy, then we will never know if a joke regarding his hair is ok...

But what if someone does throw that kind of joke...

Timmy would be offended, and make a reaction...

This situation may result to a flame war, depending on how the joke was thrown and how Timmy reacts...

To make sure that this doesn't happen, we need to know who you are.
    When we do know who you are, we will base our manner of posting with the things you prefer when we interact with you in real life...

If I am known in the shed to be easily offended by ethnic slurs, then posters will not throw ethnic slurs at me in the forums since they know who I am (as I have introduced myself) and they know that I am easily offended by ethnic slurs.

So, yes, as a reminder to everyone... PLEASE introduce yourself PROPERLY in the forums. Thank you to all who have complied, and to those who have not complied please do so as soon as possible.

Thank you and respectfully yours, the Admin.

Last edited by Barjis teh Admin-chan on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
    nanai
    Commoner
    Commoner

Location : ♫ Home Add: Malicato, Las Nieves ADN ♫ Recent Add: 9th St., Guingona Subd. BXU

Character sheet

Rules on the "New Member Introduction" section Empty i rebut...blah! blah! blah! PEACE! hehehehe!

Post by nanai Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:49 pm

wat evah... evil laugh joke lang! twisted evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:11 pm